Wednesday, June 11, 2014
There! Done! And am I pleased!
My plan is to get the line work and the big color fills done first, and then to have the patterns in Mary's costume put in later. Hopefully this will keep the price done. I might re-visit the hair to see if there is a simpler way to do the highlights, if they should turn out to be too difficult/expensive.
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Monday, June 2, 2014
|Lucy's feet began to fall apart, so I made new feet for her, to be attached tomorrow|
|Skin is on the tail|
|Hands are made and attached|
|Her neck is now affixed to her head.|
|A single hair out of place|
I also sewed the skin for the tail, patched the seams with pros-aide and painted the whole thing.
I made the hands from wire and epoxy and attached them to the arms.
And I glued the weird little fabric neck-flaps to her head, and
patched the seams.
In the image Lucy has a stray hair tucked behind her ear. I made this hair by coating a thin wire in pros-aide (seriously, love that stuff) and coating it in tissue paper. I then painted the paper and stuck the hair in place. Picked up that trick from Laika :-)