Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stout: Day 1



 So I am building on the routine that I started with the Leprechaun. Not only will there be daily progress updates, but each day there will be several process updates, in which I show you the different stages of my processes.

And that's not all! Working on one puppet at a time leaves me with lots of time on my hands while I wait for clay to bake or paint to dry. This will be remedied by working on TWO (count 'em TWO) puppets at the same time. Not only will you get daily progress, not only will you get step-by-step process, but you'll be getting TWO for the price of NONE (cos it's free.)

That rule does not apply today because going from working on one head to another and then back again proved too much for my tiny brain. As soon as we get past this stage though, there will be two puppets.

Anyway, you can see my starting materials in the first picture. Tinfoil, Sculpey, Reference. The picture after that shows the major stages I baked in. I always bake after every tiny little detail, so I just photographed the important ones.

And of course, the final product at the bottom. I'm really excited about this guy... I think I put a slight crackle in his paint to mimic the texture of the label...

No comments:

Post a Comment