Thursday, September 26, 2013

Leprechaun: Day One

Since doing the Drop Kick Puppet I have come up with the idea of taking a photo of each puppet at the end of a full day of work and posting it. This allows everybody to see my process and progress, and gets me in a better posting habit. Plus a better documentation habit. So good habits all round.

The next puppet I am working on is from this label:

David Terrill's original label
Ain't he cute? And such a troublesome little guy to bring into the third dimension. After a full day's designing and redesigning, this is what I have got so far:

You'll note that I have opened his eyes. Since he's going to be in multiple poses, I thought it would be more versatile if his eyes were open. In any shots where I want his eyes closed, I can make little paper eyelids, no problem. 

Check in tomorrow to see his hat!

1 comment: