Sunday, January 20, 2013

Thesis: Enchanted Shoes

  
The final shoe next to my first attempt.

  
 The shoes are mostly paper with a little fabric and paint.

All the shoes next to each other.

Let's just start off by saying that shoes are hard to make, at least they are hard to make at this size. The largest of these enchanted shoes is not even as long as my finger and the smallest is about the size of the tip of my pinky.
I first tried gluing fabric to a wire frame, which worked not at all. I ended up making a paper shoe, gluing fabric over the top and painting the pattern on with acrylic paint. Of course I made the biggest shoe first and was doomed to recreate the intricate pattern another 4 times at less than half the size. I now have a desire to make Russian collapsing dolls... 

No comments:

Post a Comment