Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thesis: Anya's Crown

Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain of hair. There are more important things to be looking at.
 SUCH AS, the beautiful princess Anya! Or Anyastasia, as I like to call her.


 What a lovely lacy veil


OH NO! SHE'S BALD. I'm making her another wig so she doesn't have to wear the crown all the time.

The head is made of painted Sculpey. The wig is made by wrapping the head in muslin and setting it with glue, then hot gluing the yarn to it. Usually for my dolls I glue the hair directly to the head, but it is important that the hair comes off the fairytale characters. Some of them have more than one hair-do (like Anyastasia) and some of them have more than one head! (Just wait.)

I made the crown out of some GIANT fashion earrings I found at the local beauty store. I'm very pleased with how it came out. Some snipping and gluing later, and the crown looks very fancy indeed. 

Stay tuned for more faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment