Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thesis: Dragon

Continuing on with work for my picture book, this is the dragon that gives my little girl her second enchanted shoe.

And let me tell you, he did not come when I called. I have so many terrible (I mean, really, really terrible) dragon sketches. Not only because I don't really draw dragons much (there was that year in middle school when I drew them all the time, but I doubt those drawings were much better than my terrible, terrible sketches) but also because this dragon comes with some tricky fairytale dimensions. He must be small enough to swap shoes with a little girl, and big enough to attempt to eat same little girl whole.

Thankfully for me, all fairytale dimensions come with a bit of wiggle room. The shoe gets smaller, the mouth gets bigger, and all should be well and good. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the dragon Nikki! He fits very well with the other characters I've seen. Can't wait to see them together!

    ReplyDelete