Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another Endangered Fairytale

Once upon a time in Madagascar the Seven Dwarf Lemurs lived quietly in the rainforest. These Seven Dwarf lemurs were the last dwarf lemurs left in the whole world, because the rest of their friends had been killed when the rainforest was cut down by Snow White and her impoverished family to build condos for rich people in America.
Even so, the Seven Dwarf Lemurs were not lonely, because they had each other, until one day when all seven of them were all caught in one of Snow White’s Lemur Traps.
 “What will you do with us?” pleaded the Seven Dwarf Lemurs
“Why, I am going to take you home and eat you” replied Snow White. “I am very hungry, and have no money to buy other food.”
“But don’t you know that we are the last Dwarf Lemurs in the entire world?” asked the Lemurs “It is illegal to eat us because of this fact!”
“That may be” replied Snow White “but how will the police know I ate you?”
So Snow White took the Seven Dwarf Lemurs back to her house and made them into lemur burgers, and was never arrested or punished because the bodies of the Seven Dwarf Lemurs were never found.
AND NONE OF THE DWARF LEMURS LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER. 

 So that's all that I've been able to come up with so far. I was hoping to work on the images first, but I'm thinking for the entire book I will do cut-outs similar to Joanna Newsom (see previous post) and to do that I will need to be home with my supplies, and not in Indiana, as I am currently.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just waiting to see what seven Lemur Burgers look like. :)

    Cut-outs sound like a great approach. Joanna Newsome is awesome!

    ReplyDelete