Thursday, March 17, 2011

Colored Pencil Portrait

Behold!
Hey hey! Look at me, posting pictures and everything!
So, this lady here was drawn... oui... forever ago. At least four years ago. I think at the time I was looking at Modiglioni though I never can be certain. Prismacolor pencils were soooooooooo sexy. And they still are. Because they give you that painty look without getting all over your rug.

You will notice that the drawing is exceptionally flat. I am a firm believer in the 2 dimensionality of the blank page. This is partly because of my love of Catholic iconongraphy, where the compression of space was used to signify the spiritual nature of the subject, removing it from everyday life, and also partly because the paper FLAT! If I want to make something dimensional, I'll make it out of something dimensional! It only makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment